Monday, July 2, 2007

Come Eat With Us: Five Sails, Sutera Magellan Hotel



In our opinion Five Sails serves the best Sunday buffet. I know Promenade gives a big spread for half the price but the last time I was there the cakes tasted of bad santan (coconut milk). I must say however that Five Sails' Sparkling Sunday Buffet used to be even better...I'm not a buffet person. Too many choices boggle my mind and tastebuds and buffets always look good but disappoint when I dig in because there's just too much variety.




P1060521
The beautiful resort by the sea, 3 minutes from the city center


P1060493
Salmon caviar patties

P1060525


The bread is soooo goood!

P1060486
Sushi

P1060496
Mini octopuses & flower crabs


Not in pic: oysters, mussels and prawns

P1060527
Roasted meat section

The roasted beef and lamb were overdone.

P1060531
Grilled crayfish

P1060528

Sparkles

P1060535
He loved the tortellini

12 comments:

a feast, everyday said...

Oh my goodness!! Thats too much and by the look on Wey's face, he has had too much too ..

Shan said...

OMG I was there on sunday with 2 of my friends! We were sitting in the smoking area. Were you using a professional looking camera to take photos? Because if that was indeed you, we were watching you and we decided that you must be a blogger - just didn't know that was YOU!
Hehe! How funny :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! The food looks absolutely delicious! I am full just by looking at them. Buffet is not for me though. I sure rugi. By the time I finish the bread and salad, I'll be 3/4 full already and there are still the main course and dessert. I always end up eating too much..way too much.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

shan: OMG! Yes it was indeed me but i was teetering on my 4 inch Jimmy Choos (as if!) so d pics were blur N my daughter took over...oh, i feel so ..exposed... tt u saw me but not me u!we were sitting with d sutera boss at d far end, d italian res. OMG, we could've hugged!Lol!
raina: u've summed up my feelings about buffet. d good thing is i don't do dinner after a buffet--we're all, except Wey, usually up to our eyeballs.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

Shan: hey, i think i saw u 2! u were with 2 guys? this is really funny!

Shan said...

Yes I was there with my friends Paul and Mior - T'was me indeed :)

Cheeyan said...

Hey... Terri... greetings from New York, Montreal & Cape Cod...

Manhattan is really the food mecca of the world! Now, I really wish I am a FOODIE... Anthony Bourdain lives here and Jean-Georges' "Vong New York" http://www.allinfo.net/jg/vongnyc.htm is Asian Fusion at its best.. think, I will have dinner there tomorrow night after watching Hairspray on Broadway.

Any suggestion on the menu?
http://www.allinfo.net/jg/vongnyc.htm

Food in Old Town Montreal is way too pricey and too french (but the architecture of the city is AWESOME!). Cape Cod is lobster, lobster and lobster...and Kennedy's, Kennedy's and Kennedy's

Hey, is Five Sails the restaurant (buffet with 1001 different entrees) that you and Wedge took me too when I visited K.K in 2005??

More, later....

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

Cheeyan:wish i could be there! where's old town montreal?yes, same res. hey do write about SF food soon.

Anonymous said...

ESPECTACULAR, COMIDA CHINA, BUENAS FOTOS, BUENA PUBLICIDAD.

Anonymous said...

How much the buffet dinner cost??

Unknown said...

How much is the buffet lunch cost??

Spicy Affair said...

Is it costly? I think so! How much does it cost for lunch? If you are looking for Indian food in South Melbourne. Must visit Spicy Affair Restaurant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...