Friday, October 26, 2007

Cheese-Garlic Biscuits

P1150900a

I keep a handy box of Bisquick for making pancakes. Recently I made cheese biscuits/scones from the recipe on the box and the boys liked them . On my second try, I changed the recipe just a little bit and I think it's good enough to share with you.

Eat them warm. Add a soup, some sausages too. Mmmm... Guess this is not something you should eat often ...

p.s the Americans, just to be different, call scones 'biscuits' and 'shortbread'.

Cheese Garlic Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick mix
2 T cold butter, diced
2/3 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/4 t garlic powder
Brush:
2 T butter
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t dried parsley

1. Oven at 200 C. Using a pastry cutter, mix the flour with the butter but don't cut it too fine. Add the garlic powder, then the milk, stirring well with a fork or your fingers and then knead quickly (less than 10 times) and lightly till it all comes together. Do not overmix.

2. Scoop (you'll need to ease dough off and kinda pat them into shape) by tablespoonful onto an ungreased baking tray (I went against it the first time and greased the tray. The bottom of the biscuits burnt). Bake 15 minutes or till top is lightly golden.

3. While biscuits are baking, melt the butter and mix the other ingredients in. When biscuits are out of the oven, brush the tops with the melted butter mix. Serve hot.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha, i have the first sofa !

Anonymous said...

miss your kitchen and food !

ekeng said...

Can i have some for my breakfast? Haha :)

lilblackdots said...

Hi Terry, thanks for dropping by and share your thoughts. Although I keep reminding myself not to shout at my daughters but to talk nicely and 'diplomatically’ but I just cant help it especially when they start to answer back. **Sigh** Being a mother is a very challenging task that drained both mentally and physically.

O…and Yes! You may lift it(Smile:)) from my blog. I have a good laugh myself! Btw, I love your blog. Thanks for sharing all the secret recipes. You have any good Char Siew or Chiken Pao recipe to share?

Precious Pea said...

Drool....looks so good leh!!!! Must be so aromatic during the baking process. Oooo....heavenly!!

Greg Wee said...

NEE: Looks like scones to me...sure is biscuits ka..can imagine them straight off oven. chia lak...this blogging thingy is no good for waistlines.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

lily: this weekend...

ekeng: get into ur kitchen!

lilbd:thanks! go to Categories on the left column, then main (asian): pork and search for The Best Cha Shao. Tell me how it turned out pls. yes, i told myself yesterday tt i won't, under any circumstance, shout at my son again. then just now picking him from school, i did it again...he lost all the test papers the teachers gave him today, plus a homework sheet. how not to shout?!

pp: yes, it smelt good!

gregwee: americans call it biscuits bah.

CK Ng said...

I was wondering why there are such plum biscuits too!

Anonymous said...

Hi I tried to comment yesterday but I dont know where it went. Hope this works. Biscuits were very easy to do; must get Eugene to learn this hols. do u quickly use a spatula to ease the biscuits off the tray once out of oven before u even brush the butter mixture; otherwise it may stick to the pan when cool?

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

hi liz! i use a cake server to take the biscuits off the tray almost immediately when they r out of the oven. glad u can comment finally:)

Timeri said...

Hi Terri, I found your blog site when I was looking for recipes online... Tonight, I tried to make your Cheese-Garlic Biscuits...they turned out sooooo good. I served them with pumpkin soup...perfect match. Thank you for posting this recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...